When a person is involved in any physical activity, an injury can occur. Therefore, it is important that you are aware of the proper techniques and the inherent dangers involved with Track & Field Distance. In addition to the guidelines below, you need to also be aware that proper health maintenance and equipment are equally important to your safety.
· Warm up before and cool down after doing any strenuous activity.
· Run on the course indicated by Coach Culp.
· Run with the group assigned to you by Coach Culp.
· Use sidewalks when available or run single file and face traffic.
· Only wear headphones when running on a closed course.
· Avoid heavy traffic areas.
· Be alert when crossing the road.
· Beware of cars and stray dogs.
· Avoid running on hard surfaces.
· Contact Coach Culp immediately if there is an emergency or a need for first aid.