When a person is involved in any physical activity, an injury can occur. Therefore, it is important that you are aware of the proper techniques and the inherent dangers involved with Cross Country. In addition to the guidelines below, you need to also be aware that proper health maintenance and equipment are equally important to your safety.
· Warm up before and cool down after doing any strenuous activity.
· Run on the course indicated by Coach Culp.
· Run with the group assigned to you by Coach Culp.
· Use sidewalks when available or run single file and face traffic.
· Only wear headphones when running on a closed course.
· Avoid heavy traffic areas.
· Be alert when crossing the road.
· Beware of cars and stray dogs.
· Avoid running on hard surfaces.
· Contact Coach Culp immediately if there is an emergency or a need for first aid.
You must abide by the Washington High School, Franklin Pierce School District, Washington Interscholastic Activities Association, Pierce County Health Department, and Washington State Health Department COVID rules. Failure to abide by these rules can result in being unable to participate in practices, being unable to participate in meets, and/or being permanently removed from the team.
· Some examples include;
o Avoid touching your face.
o Wear a mask when required.
o Wash your hands before and after practices and meets.
o Do not share food, drink, clothing items, etc. with others.
o Maintain a distance of 6 feet or more from others as much as possible.
o Do not attend practices or meets if you are showing any symptoms of an illness.