When a person is involved in any physical activity, an injury can occur. Therefore, it is important that you are aware of the proper techniques and the inherent dangers involved with Cross Country. In addition to the guidelines below, you need to also be aware that proper health maintenance and equipment and are equally important to your safety.
· Warm up before and cool down after doing any strenuous activity.
· Run on the course indicated by Coach Culp.
· Run with the group assigned to you by Coach Culp.
· Use sidewalks when available or run single file and face traffic.
· Only wear headphones when running on a closed course.
· Avoid heavy traffic areas.
· Be alert when crossing the road.
· Beware of cars and stray dogs.
· Avoid running on hard surfaces.
· Contact Coach Culp immediately if there is an emergency or a need for first aid.